The Settlement Administrator is issuing distribution checks to the approximately 130,000 claimants who submitted valid claims in the case. You should note that distribution checks will be void after 90 days from the date on the check. We encourage you to deposit your check promptly.
If you filed a valid claim in this case and do not receive a check by November 15, 2013, you should contact the Settlement Administrator using the "Contact Us" button to the right, or you may write to: Esslinger v. HSBC Bank Nevada N.A. c/o Heffler Claims Administrator P.O. Box 230, Philadelphia, PA 19105.
You should not contact the Court.
Esslinger v HSBC Settlement
This website describes a proposed class action settlement involving debt cancellation and debt suspension products offered by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A., and related entities ("HSBC") to credit card accountholders, including, among others, the products known as "Personal Account Protection," "Account Benefits Plan," "Account Secure," "Account Shield," "Account Protection Plan" and "My Account Protector" (generally, "HSBC Payment Protection"). If you are a Settlement Class member (as defined below), you may claim one settlement award for each HSBC credit card account enrolled in or billed for an HSBC Payment Protection product between July 2, 2004 and February 23, 2012 (the "Class Period"), as follows:
Settlement Class members who were enrolled in or billed for an HSBC Payment Protection product at any time between July 2, 2004 and February 23, 2012 may claim one of the following settlement awards as part of a $23,500,000 proposed settlement:
- Category 1: If you (a) were enrolled in an HSBC Payment Protection product without your consent and (b) did not previously receive a full refund of HSBC Payment Protection fees, (c) did not receive HSBC Payment Protection benefits and (d) enrolled for twelve (12) months or less, you may be eligible to claim a settlement award of $30.00; or
- Category 2: If you submitted a claim for HSBC Payment Protection benefits that you believe was improperly denied and you did not previously receive a full refund of HSBC Payment Protection fees, you may be eligible to claim a settlement award of $60.00; or
- Category 3: If you were dissatisfied with an HSBC Payment Protection product and you did not previously receive a full refund of HSBC Payment Protection fees, you may be eligible for a settlement award of $15.00.
- You must fill out a simple claim form and submit it by the deadline of October 20, 2012 to receive benefits from the Settlement.
- Only one (1) claim may be made per HSBC credit card account enrolled in or billed for an HSBC Payment Protection product.
- If you are filing a claim for more than one account enrolled in or billed for an HSBC Payment Protection product, you will need to fill out a separate claim form for each account.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR WRITE THE COURT, THE COURT CLERK’S OFFICE, HSBC OR HSBC’S COUNSEL FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- August 6, 2012
Your request to be excluded from the settlement (and receive no money from the settlement), must be received by Heffler Claims Administration by this date.
- August 6, 2012
Your request to object to the settlement and notice of intention to appear at the final hearing must be received by this date. Please see the Full Notice for the specific instructions on how to file an objection and notice of intention to appear.
- October 1, 2012
The Court will hold a final hearing in this case to determine whether the settlement should be approved and whether to award attorneys’ fees and costs to Class Counsel and service awards to the Plaintiffs on this date.
- October 20, 2012
Your Claim Form must be received by Heffler Claims Administration by this date in order to receive benefits from the settlement.